Friday, May 04, 2012

take a holiday in spain

It's well beyond bedtime...I need to get up in exactly seven hours, which wouldn't be so bad if I'd slept for more than five last night. I got up this morning in time for my unplanned trip to my gynecologist, which went totally fine and so was mildly annoying because they made me get an exam before renewing my prescription, thus necessitating taking 3.5hrs out of my last day at home to get it done. But I made up for it by going to Nordstrom immediately after; I returned two swimsuits that I'd ordered online, since I decided that the cost of the swimsuits was ridiculous given that I will probably wear them once a year...and then promptly bought three tops, a pair of shorts, and a totally gorgeous skirt that I'm utterly in love with. The grand total, though, thanks to judicious application of some Nordstrom rewards, came to $24, so I felt inordinately pleased with myself.

Post Nordstrom, I went to the post office to mail a couple of things and check my PO box, then drove back to the city of sin and talked to my parents as I drove to kill several birds with one stone. When I got home, Chandlord came over to watch last week's "Mad Men", and I let myself be distracted because I was too tired to get anything done. After she left, I took a nap, then started organizing my packing -- and then got a call from Lauren (aka Subz), who was stuck in traffic and wanted to see if I could pick up her dog from doggy day care before it closed, since Myla's day care is two blocks from my house. So I walked over to retrieve Myla, walked her back to my place, and then drove her home. Then I came back, packed, sent my regrets to John because I had too much to do to go to his birthday drinks tonight (sigh), and slogged hardcore until now.

And now, I must sleep - Mexico awaits! I'm not taking my laptop (SHOCKING), but I'll have my ipad, so perhaps you'll get some post-margarita blog posts out of me this weekend. Goodnight!

No comments: