Tuesday, May 29, 2012

when they smash my heart into smithereens

I need to go to bed earlier than I have been; tomorrow will be busy, since I need to pack up, take care of a bunch of annoying tings, and prepare for Thursday's return to the city of sin. I wish I had gotten more accomplished today, but I spent the afternoon engaging with people, and it pretty much wiped out my energy to do anything else. My sister had set up an interview for me with a woman she's friends with who writes for her local paper, so I drove over there (~45-50mins each way) and did the interview, which was fun. Then, I took my youngest niece out for ice cream near Lake Rathbun -- it was good to spend some quality time with her, since I usually see the kids in a pack and don't really get to hear what's going on with any of them.

But by the time I got home, I was wiped out and ready to not think or do anything of importance. I did eat supper with the fam (hamburgers, hot dogs, new potatoes, corn, etc.), and then I watched some fine CBS programming, including a riveting episode of "NCIS: Los Angeles" and a total waste of time episode of "48 Hours: Mystery". I did a little bit of email and a lot of catching up on online news, all of which was procrastination on the things I need to do that require actual thought...and that procrastination will continue until tomorrow, since now I intend to go to bed. Goodnight!

No comments: