Tuesday, May 01, 2012

won't you take me to sleepytown

This is the latest I've stayed up in ages and ages...I got sucked into a vortex of video editing and am just now emerging, bleary-eyed and headachy, to take stock of all I did and all I ignored in my quest to make a video. I couldn't help myself, though; I'm excited with what we taped over the weekend, and I want to make it look pretty and shiny and sharable so that we can get it out before I lose interest and move on to the next shiny thing.

So anyway, today was productive if you count the video, and utterly unproductive if you don't. I went to a cafe and worked for a couple of hours, then came home and cleaned up from yesterday's shoot and my own inebriation-induced squalor. I also talked to my parents to make up for dramatically shortening yesterday's usual Sunday call in the interest of going to a winebar with Chandlord -- today I had no other plans, so we caught up as we usually do. Then, I started editing, with a break to make and eat some chili, and I have been editing ever since. Blergh.

But, it's coming together, and I sent a draft to Terry (who, as director, should be editing this, but I got impatient and thought it silly to make her do it when she's traveling like mad and all the shots are on my laptop anyway). And now, I really must sleep - I need to do things tomorrow that have nothing to do with the video, and perhaps get some writing done as well, so wish me luck!

No comments: