Thursday, May 10, 2012

you hold it in your hands the two halves of my heart

I'm flipping exhausted; I only got five and a half hours of sleep last night, so I suppose that's to be expected. We did a family trip to Des Moines today, which wasn't exactly what I wanted to be doing...it's hard to believe that less than three days ago I was in ye olde Mexico, and now I'm in ye olde Iowa, and the differences are astonishing.

So anyway, we went to Des Moines and saw Uncle Mark (yay), but couldn't see Aunt Becky since she's in Spain with her scandalous husband (lucky devils). We came home later in the afternoon, with a stop along the way at the grocery store to stock up on gluten-free delights, and then hung out until supper. I went out to watch my dad feed his miniature cows, some of which will eat treats out of his hand -- three of the cows have had even more miniature calves, which were totally adorable. Then we ate supper, watched some fine CBS programming (Person of Interest looks like it's really good, but I stopped tivo'ing it since I have a million shows to catch up on and not nearly enough time to do it), and now I need to go to sleep immediately. I intend to use this weekend to catch up on the hundreds of emails I've ignored in the last couple of weeks, and possibly retinsel my hair and paint my toenails so that I can feign some level of festive, relaxed vacation mode even though I'm stressed and should be writing. Goodnight!

No comments: