Sunday, May 27, 2012

your heart is an empty room

I have absolutely nothing of interest to report - I slept until ten, went upstairs at eleven, hung out with my parents on the porch until one, showered, hung out some more, did a bit of work, saw my grandmother, worked some more, ate supper (bratwurst (sans buns) and potato salad), and then worked/procrastinated/set goals/made lists until now. Not interesting at all, eh?

The main point of concern is that I need to write Ellie and Nick's book immediately - like, immediately immediately, if I have any hope of getting it out late summer/early fall as promised. So, expect my blog to ratchet up to utterly insane v., v. quickly, since I want to have a first draft by the 4th of July (hahahahaha, whimper). That's 2000 words/day, which is technically possible. I've certainly done it before, and 2000 words is not an uncomfortable amount to write (approximately eight pages), but I haven't done it consistently every single day for a month. There's always a first time, though, and hopefully this will work for me, even if I am going to Denver for a few days in the middle of that span. But now I need to sleep so that I can accomplish stuff tomorrow -- goodnight!

No comments: