Friday, June 08, 2012

the diamond queen

Today was utterly uneventful. I made my word count (2089 words = 8 pages) despite much weeping and gnashing of teeth, but since there were a couple of days that I didn't make my word count, I'm slowly falling behind the pace...I'll have to pick it up tomorrow and next week. I also did a couple of loads of laundry, took care of some tings, made a delicious salad for lunch, worked on the script for my next romance video, and thought a bit about the next phase of Ellie and Nick's story (and realized I still don't really know what he looks like, which is kind of embarrassing).

When Terry got home, though, I pretty much abandoned productivity to watch tv. I'd taped approximately 30 hours of BBC America's jubilee coverage last weekend, and so we watched the last two hours of a BBC documentary called "The Diamond Queen", which was totally awesome and ridiculous. The combo of the jubilee + the London Olympics is like the best gift I could get, and I intend to watch a *lot* of BBC this summer. It counts as research, right? After Terry went to bed, I fell down a Wikipedia wormhole about the royal family (again, counts as research), and now I really must sleep - I need to get my writing done early tomorrow because this weekend is the monthly romance writers meeting, which means I'll spend a lot of time doing stuff for that. Goodnight!

No comments: