Tuesday, June 19, 2012

the drop dead dream, the chosen one

In some ways today was v. productive - I cleared tons of stuff off my to-do list, including some particularly annoying errands related to the post office. And my video went live on YouTube, which is good...and I got a ton of comments on a guest blog that I did, and was really impressed by how that blog drove traffic to my facebook page. And I got a couple of nice reviews, and my books were featured on Netgalley's homepage and newsletter, which reaches thousands and thousands of reviewers, so that's all super positive.

However, I only wrote two pages, which isn't enough. But I reread everything I've written so far, which took an hour, and I'm less in despair about it than I thought I would be. Fingers crossed and trying not to jinx myself, but I may only have to rewrite the first scene and add a scene or two in between others rather than rewriting the whole thing...which I will totally take. So I'm going to keep going from where I'm at rather than starting again from the beginning, and hope for the best. (insert maniacal laughter here)

Unfortunately for my writing, the next week is ridiculous; I have to go to Berkeley tomorrow to make sure I understand where my classroom is and pick up some paperwork, and I have to teach on Wednesday, and I leave for Denver early Thursday morning. I haven't packed or done half the things I intended to do before then...so I should really sleep if I'm going to get up and accomplish stuff tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: