Thursday, June 07, 2012

i'm never gonna leave this bed

Today was both lovely and incredibly annoying. I went down to my old place of employment to have lunch with Gyre, and it was great to catch up with him (lovely part number one); as with just about everyone else, I hadn't seen him since before I went to Mexico/Iowa, so we had a lot to talk about. After spending an hour and a half with him, I think called Heather (aka dear respected madam) and spent an hour and a half with her. By that time, it was 2:45, and I desperately needed to get some stuff done. So I went to the post office to mail ten giveaway books from a contest I ran, then went to the carwash since my car was filthy, then went to my usual south bay cafe to work for awhile. Unfortunately, I may have burned it as a place I can go; as you all know, I'm friendly even in the awkwardest situations, and in this case I've gotten way too friendly with one of the baristas, who seems to think it's okay to talk to me any time he doesn't have a customer at his station (which, today, was all too often). Since the tables are about four feet from the counter, it's easy for him to talk over the counter to me -- and while I think the guy is nice enough, I wasn't in the mood today, and it was really distracting, but there's no good way to tell him that I want some quiet time. Ugh.

So anyway, after I finished the thing that I absolutely had to have internet for, I left and grabbed supper at Chipotle. Then I was going to go to Stanford Library, but I was feeling tired, so instead I drove home and worked until now. And now I must sleep so that I can write in the morning -- goodnight!

No comments: