Wednesday, June 27, 2012

seven nation army

Today was mostly no good from a productivity standpoint. I suppose that's not being entirely fair to myself; I spent almost an hour on the phone with my agent (nothing exciting, just discussing pricing strategies, whether to shop my next book to publishers, etc.), I brainstormed some more about the inevitable rewrite of the beginning of Nick and Ellie's book, I cleaned the kitchen and stocked up on groceries, I spent some time prepping for tomorrow's class at Berkeley (which took longer than it should have, since I was looking for short short stories for the class to read), and I sent some important emails. But you will notice that writing was not really on that list. Instead, I ate pizza and watched tv with Terry, since she's out of town the rest of this week and most of next week, which meant this was our only chance to debrief about the chocolate mangasm.

But I set an aggressive deadline for myself, and I reiterated it by requesting a deadline for getting part of the manuscript to my freelance editor, so progress will happen. Since I'm incapable of working without a deadline (not entirely true, but still), I figured I should give myself one. Hey, I wrote my 80-page honors thesis from scratch in three days; surely I can rewrite the first 100 pages of a book in five days. Hahahahahaha. Goodnight!

No comments: