Sunday, June 24, 2012

when you see my face, i hope it gives you hell

I'm exhausted and need to go to bed immediately, even though I haven't blogged on zee romance blog either - but today was a long day, and I need to sleep if I'm going to have fun with Katie tomorrow. I dragged myself out of bed in time to do a couple of events this morning, and then I had lunch with my friend Maire (pronounced Moira) who was a Golden Heart winner last year. Then, I came back to my room with the intention of writing (although I napped instead), then went to Starbucks, then went to a Q&A with some famous historical authors (where I figured out what's currently blocking me, so hopefully I can write a few chapters v. quickly before I get blocked again).

I had dinner with a book blogger/reviewer and her husband, which was super nice, and then came back to the hotel for the book signing. I had no books to sign since I'd already given away everything I'd brought with me, but I talked to people who came by and actually had someone say that she'd read my book already and loved it, so that was v. nice. Then Katie showed up, and we went to the Chocolate Mangasm party, which was so over the top (in a way that is totally not my scene) that I can't even really put it into words. Perhaps tomorrow I'll write a romance blog post about it and put up some pictures, but for now let's just say that I think I'm having an allergic reaction to whatever bargain-basement bulk-quantity lube they put on our hands during one even (no comment), and that I won a prize for best faking of an orgasm (double no comment).

Post party, Katie and I went up to someone's room for an afterparty, and then talked for a little bit before she went home. I'm staying in the hotel tonight (in retrospect if I do this again I would just stay with her, since it's only 20mins away when there's no traffic), but I'm relocating to their place in the morning so that we can hang out and possibly let me get some writing done. Goodnight!

No comments: