Friday, June 01, 2012

why are you so quiet

I'm back in San Francisco, after two utterly uneventful flights and a brief layover in Denver (which I will be returning to in three weeks for a romance conference). Today was long but ultimately successful; I woke up from a nightmare and then had to send a bunch of emails related to annoying promotional tings before considering the problem of my unpacked suitcase. However, at 11:45 the family said that if I were dressed (which I wasn't), we would go to lunch in Millerton (population -7, but they have a good restaurant). So I took a v. fast shower, and then drove my parents and [censored] to lunch, which was also an opportunity to bid a fond farewell to my dad's truck. When we got there, my father got one of the last servings of their fried chicken special, my mom got the hot beef sandwich (I've never seen hot beef here -- it's shredded beef and gravy over mashed potatoes, on top of white bread), [censored] got [censored], and I had a cheeseburger sans bun that was delicious.

Post lunch, we came home and I shoved everything into a suitcase (which ended up being exactly 1.5lbs under the weight limit, yay). Then, I bid a fond farewell to the parents (and to one of the Clells, who happened to stop by to see my dad), and [censored] took me to the airport. In appreciation for services rendered, I bought [censored] supper, which may have been overkill since it was only 4hrs after lunch, but I needed to eat something before getting on the plane. When we were done, [censored] took me to the airport and verified that my bag was within the weight limit before making the long solo trek back to southern Iowa. Meanwhile, my two flights passed without incident, although I did a bit of brainstorming on the non-gargoyle young adult series and had a key revelation that made me v. happy.

And now I must sleep the sleep of the just in my own bed -- goodnight!

No comments: