Friday, August 10, 2012

deep beneath the cover of another perfect wonder

I would whine about Nick and Ellie, but I'm sure you're tired of hearing about it. Perhaps not as tired as I am of living through it, but I'll grant you, my loyal readers, some stake in this drama. I did abandon my house this morning to do some writing at Morning Due, and I did some more writing at home this afternoon, netting about five pages (not bad for me, not good when I want to be writing twenty pages).

And I might have written all night like I originally planned to, but we'll never know because Terry came home from work and I succumbed to temptation and went out for wine and an early dinner with her instead. It was gorgeous in the city today, so we sat at an outside table at Des Amis and split a small carafe of wine, and then I had steak frites, which I adore (although in this case the frites were better than the steak; it was just a bit too done for my liking, but still delicious enough that I didn't want to wait to send it back). When we came home I was too happy to force myself back into the writing, and so I watched many hours of Olympics coverage instead.

Tomorrow's another day, and I hope to do some writing in the morning, since I'm spending the afternoon picking up my freelance editor from the airport and then taking her around the city. No, I'm not important enough that she's flying up to see me. But I arranged for her to give this month's program at my romance chapter meeting on Saturday, and I'm getting additional benefit since I get to hang out with her. So I should probably go to bed so that I can write tomorrow so that I can feel mildly successful rather than pissed off about Nick and Ellie when I pick her up. Goodnight!

No comments: