Wednesday, August 08, 2012

don't pay no mind to the demons they fill you with fear

Today was lovely, but I did no writing - I did, however, decide to maybe keep the old killer, so let's hope that decision still stands when I wake up tomorrow. I got up at 8:30, which was early enough to shower but not early enough to eat breakfast before the complex's water got shut off. Then I went to Palo Alto to check my mail and mail some giveaways, and then I went to my old place of work to have lunch with Gyre, who was in fine form.

After lunch, I went to Saratoga (which I never go to, as it is even farther south) to have coffee with a romance writer from Australia who finaled for the golden heart the same years that I did - she came to Anaheim for the conference, stayed with her dad in LA for a bit, then flew up here to see two concerts at Saratoga's Mountain Winery tonight and tomorrow night - Chris Isaak and Duran Duran. Since she was coming in around midday today and had nothing to do, we got together for coffee, and then I drove her up to the winery just to show her how to get there, since she was nervous about driving on the wrong side of the road on an unfamiliar, windy mountain path - possibly with good reason, since it was super steep and super curvy. But that's why the venue is so cool, so hopefully she made it back up there later tonight.

I finally left Saratoga around 4:30, and had to deal with traffic on the way home, but I made it in time to eat some leftover spaghetti while watching women's indoor volleyball with Terry. Lauren (aka Subz) came over and watched a couple of hours of primetime with us, which was fun, and when she left and Terry went to bed, I continued to watch until the women's floor routine was done (yay). But then I turned off the tv and took care of some tings, thus missing the men's gymnastics - I'll have to watch them in the morning. But for now, I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: