Saturday, August 11, 2012

every day i'm shuffling

Today was lovely - while I can't say that Nick and Ellie are cooperating, precisely, I did manage to wring six pages out of them tonight, which is six more pages than I expected to wring given that I had plans this afternoon. I spent the morning showering, eating, and procrastinating before driving to the airport to pick up my freelance editor, who is speaking to my romance chapter tomorrow. We then hung out for a couple of hours at Samovar in Yerba Buena, which was super fun since a) I adore Samovar no matter who I go with, and b) she's been in the industry forever, so she is both insightful and full of entertaining gossip. Yay.

She was hanging out with a friend later this afternoon/evening, so I dropped her off at her hotel and came home, where I felt super sleepy and so ate some stale cake (I know, bad decision making). Finally I decided to wake myself by going to Philz and getting a coffee + half a pound of coffee beans, since I was out and needed the jolt to feed my addiction. Properly caffeinated, I came home, wrote, ate leftover curry, and wrote some more before throwing in the towel and reading a bit of a writing book that my editor recommended.

And now, even though I'm not done writing this book (hahahahahahaha sob), I am going to go to bed; I have to get up at 7:30 to get ready for zee romance meeting, which is cruel and unusual punishment. Goodnight!

No comments: