Sunday, August 26, 2012

ride all night and we ride all day

I should have gone to bed two hours ago...but I also should have written twenty pages today, and that didn't happen either, to no one's surprise. I was up and around by ten a.m. today, which was a minor miracle, and I showered and did my makeup and all those other necessary things so that I could have lunch with Aunt Becky (who was down from the city) and my grandmother. Gram was v. surprised that I was home and continued to be surprised every five minutes throughout our lunch, but Aunt B and I caught up while we ate, and I'm sure I'll get to see Gram again a few more times while I'm home. Then, Aunt B dropped me off at home, and I spent the last twelve hours engaged in various forms of work, research, twitter, and procrastination.

I did take a couple of breaks, though; my sister and my youngest niece came over to pick something up, so I hung out with them for awhile. And my mom made supper, of course - tonight was spaghetti squash, which was pretty tasty (and gluten free, yay). I also typed up several pages of Nick and Ellie, read half a book on the richest East India Company merchant, did some networking on twitter, responded to emails, etc. I'm trying to avoid the temptation to give Nick a whole passel of brothers and a global trading empire, but we'll see if I succeed.

And now, I should really go to bed - but for those of you who lived in Loro, Happy Sean Connery Birthday! Goodnight!

No comments: