Thursday, August 09, 2012

we're gonna play in the dark til it's golden again

I hate this book. Hate it. I mean, not really - but today was completely unpleasant. I need to make a decision about this killer business, but after much wailing and gnashing of teeth (and writing in my journal and eating cake and taking a nap, and cleaning out the pump filter in the washing machine - a true sign of procrastination), I decided to go for a walk. So I went to the grocery store, bought some produce, then went to Starbucks and wrote for an hour or so. I decided to just write the next scene without deciding about the killer, which is probably the right strategy - I know I just have to keep writing, find out 100 pages later that I was wrong, and rewrite it, but that doesn't mean knowing that the next few days will be all for naught is any easier to bear.

sssanyway, when I got home, I used my produce to make supper - an attempt at thai green curry, using curry paste, light coconut milk, chicken, carrot, potato, green beans, and fish sauce. It turned out really well, actually; I overcooked it slightly, after thinking I'd undercooked it, and I think next time I'll leave out the chicken broth it called for since it ended up being too thin, but it was tasty, just the right amount of spice for me, and really easy to make. Good thing I like it, since I'll be eating leftovers for the next couple of days. And then I watched Olympics with Terry (of course) and probably made one too many jhokes about beach volleyball for her liking. And now I think I shall go to bed, and hope that Nick and Ellie stop being little bitches and cooperate with me tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: