Tuesday, August 28, 2012

yippee yi oh ki yay

I accomplished absolutely nothing of value or interest today. Part of that was because I stayed up until almost four a.m., which meant I slept until noon, and then was groggy and drowsy all afternoon. So, I'm going to go to bed as soon as I finish this, at the v. early hour of one a.m., so that I may accomplish something more meaningful tomorrow.

However, I did succeed in leaving the house (always a challenge for me), and I went to the round barn with my mom to meet up with our neighbor (Lorena) to sell her some round barn t-shirts. We ended up talking to her for almost an hour, which was lovely, as usual. And then we came home, where I did a bit of thinking about Nick and Ellie (I'm in all-out stew mode right now, and I think I'm reaching the point where the logjam is about to break free and the rest of the story will rush forth, but I'm gradually getting aware of my own process enough to know that this is how it works, even if that awareness doesn't translate into self-forgiveness). Eventually it was time for supper (hamburgers and sweet corn and salad), and then I made no pretense of working while watching television. I eventually got my laptop thinking I'd answer email, but I hate email, so I mostly wasted time instead. And now, having finished wasting time, I'm going to go to sleep - and experiment with not going online tomorrow when I wake up (hahahaha) in an effort to get some writing done. Goodnight!

No comments: