Sunday, September 09, 2012

as long as you love me

YAY FOR LAUREN'S BACHELORETTE.

That should serve as a disclaimer for my relative level of sobriety.

So, today was quite eventful. I had my monthly romance writer meeting; I should have skipped it, since I had bachelorette related activities this afternoon and desperately need to write, but I'm an officer in the chapter, so I felt compelled to go. The speaker (a retired forensics investigator) was quite good, so I'm glad I went, but getting up at 7:45 was unwelcome given how late I've stayed up. I skipped lunch with the chapter and came straight home, but I was still late for the beginning of the bachelorette, since it had a 1920s theme and I attempted to put waves in my hair (to mixed results, since I have no talent at all for hair styling).

But the bachelorette was totally fun; I got a manicure at the salon we went to first (Gloss and Glam at 15th and Noe; I would totally go back), and put on my makeup there, and sewed a v. quick and dirty fix on the hole in my dress (since the dresses I intended to wear both need to be dry cleaned - oops). Dinner was at Chez Spencer, which was to-die-for delicious; we did a tasting menu that included wine with the appetizer and main courses (which may have prevented me from ordering two cocktails had I realized I would also have two glasses of wine). Then, we went to Bourbon and Branch, where I had two more cocktails while we solved the murder mystery game we were playing (I learned early in the night that I was going to be the victim, hence my excessive drinking, only to find out that I turned into the investigator, which was extremely unexpected). Then, Lauren, her sister Devon, her business school friend Jessica, and I rallied and went to Beauty Bar to go dancing while everyone else dispersed. But I only stayed rallied for thirty minutes, at which point I grabbed a cab home and had a lovely conversation with a nice Eritrean man about San Francisco, politics, etc. And now I really must sleep so that I can accomplish something tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: