Wednesday, September 26, 2012

but there's nothing to grasp so i let go

I continue to live like there's no tomorrow (at least for my liver)...although I slept eight hours last night and took a nap this afternoon, so I feel human despite my mild buzz. Ritu had to go to work this morning, but I stayed asleep until after she left (shocking, since I managed to sleep through her getting ready even though she lives in a studio the size of my bedroom). Then I took care of some romance tings, showered, and went over to the meatpacking district (which no longer has anything to do with meatpacking; it's more fancy restaurants, clubs, and fashion) to have a friendship renewal lunch with the original Jen Lui. We went to Pastis, a french place with some truly awesome food, and caught up over soup and scallops before wandering around Chelsea Market for a bit.

After we parted ways, I came back to Ritu's to beat an incipient rainstorm, repacked my stuff, and took a nap. Then, I met up with Ritu at Flute, a 'champagne speakeasy' that had a $25 all-you-can-drink happy hour from six to eight. We had six glasses each, bringing our average down to $4/glass, which was respectable (even if the waitress did say we would hate her when we awoke in the morning with champagne headaches). It wasn't just plain champagne; we cycled through bellinis, kir royale, and straight champagne, and the glasses were small enough that we were happy but not dying by the end of it. Also at the end of it, we met up with Jessica, Lauren (aka Subz)'s friend from business school whom I met at Lauren's bachelorette a few weekends ago. The three of us had some v. spicy thai food and generally hung out before it was time to part ways.

And now, I should sleep; tomorrow's my last full day in NYC, and I have grand plans to write a lot for the first time in over a week and then get together with Claudia (aka Claude), who is coming down from New Haven to hang out one last time. Goodnight!

No comments: