Wednesday, September 19, 2012

i had a heart then, but the queen has been overthrown

I must go to bed immediately; I'm leaving for New York in the morning, and I should probably sleep even though I'm like a little kid at Christmas over both what's ahead and what has happened. And what has happened is this - Heiress went free yesterday on Kindle, and today it climbed up to #20 on the entire Kindle store (free list) and #2 in historical romance. I have no idea how many downloads that is or how long this will last, but as a loss leader that will hopefully hook people on the entire series, I'm excited to see that it's getting some great traction. So, fingers crossed that the buzz continues and that it leads people to pick up the next book - we shall see, we shall see.

The rest of the day was consumed by packing, running errands, and obsessively checking the Kindle lists, as is my wont. My trip is like ten days, which is too long to cram into a carry-on (particularly since I want to look stylish while I'm there) - and with the way my neck has been hurting, I didn't want to overpack anything I'm carrying. But I did get everything into my roll aboard size bag, if I can still count it as that after expanding it by three inches, although I'm planning to check it since I can no longer fit it into a bin. I know, you're SO FASCINATED by this paragraph!!! It's no wonder I'm a bestseller!!!


sob. sssanyway, I'm excited for my trip, and for all the people I will see, and for all the stuff I hope to learn at my conference. And now I really must sleep - 6:30am is even earlier when the earliest one has gotten up in recent memory is 9:30 or 10. Goodnight!

No comments: