Friday, September 07, 2012

no love

I should have gone to bed ages ago, but I was attempting to catch up on email - a somewhat futile endeavor, although I answered about half the emails that have been hanging over me. Today was mostly productive, luckily; I woke up around 8:30, got dressed, took care of some tings, and was out the door by ten a.m. to go to the glorious south bay. I had brunch at one of my favorite cafes, and then went to Stanford library to work on Nick and Ellie...

...and then discovered that Stanford now has a guest wireless network, which I promptly wasted two hours on. Oops. Things improved when I went back to my car and locked my laptop in the trunk, working on Nick and Ellie via the hard copy I'd printed out at home. While Stanford's guest wireless network is a blessing and a curse, they've added something that is all blessing - a gorgeous Starbucks in the student union. Since that's right by the parking lot, I hung out there for four hours rather than going back to the library, and I got a substantial amount of serious editing done. I need to continue that pace and quality tomorrow, but I'm happy with what I did. Then I came home, lounged on the couch, watched Clinton's speech from last night on YouTube, and then procrastinated for a couple of hours before answering email. And now I really need to go to bed; tomorrow's my only fully-unscheduled day of the weekend, and since I owe this portion of the manuscript to my agent on Monday, I need to hustle. Goodnight!

No comments: