Monday, October 01, 2012

maybe tomorrow the good lord will take you away

Man, I'm tired. I sadly didn't write anything of my own today, but I did judge a bunch of contest entries that were due tonight. More sadly, I may have gotten roped into judging more of them tomorrow, since one of the judges claims she never received the entries she was assigned (I smell a rat), and since I'm on the board of the chapter, I kind of got tapped to help out. Ugh. So, I need to get up early tomorrow and write before the additional entries show up - I have grand plans for a month of hermity productivity starting tomorrow, and I can't let contests or visitors or the lure of far-off places distract me from finishing MARQUESS so that I can move on with my life.

But at least I felt productive today, and I cleared a lot of stuff off my to-do list that had been looming for awhile. I also cleaned off my desk, which made me happy. And I went to a cafe and ate/chatted with Terry before we both did some work for awhile, which was nice since she's going out of town (wise lady - she doesn't want to be here for my initial descent into madness). But now I must sleep if I have any hope of getting tings done tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: