Wednesday, October 24, 2012

you can't carry it with you if you want to survive

True to my prediction, I didn't feel so hot this morning, and so I only managed to write a couple of pages over a medicinal dose of huevos rancheros at the cafe down the street. I had to throw in the towel early because I had an appointment for an afternoon of pampering to make me look more like a girl and less like a troll for Lauren's wedding next week. My old hair stylist is dead to me (or, not dead, but rather has moved to Minnesota, and it took me several months to come to terms with my loss and decide to seek out someone else), but I found a new stylist at her old salon who gave me a great haircut and an even awesomer blowout, so that's nice. And I got my eyebrows tinted and waxed by the eyebrow goddess there, and I also got a facial from her since I hadn't had a facial in months and months. And now my skin is fresh, my hair is pretty, and my eyebrows don't look like my grandfather's, so I think I'm ready for wedding pictures.

After all that, I went to the mall to buy shoes for the wedding, and I settled on a pair of nude pumps that I've been coveting for awhile anyway and had no reason to buy before because I am mostly barefoot these days. Then I grabbed an early supper at the mall, came home, and watched the first game of the World Series - and it will shock you to know that I turned it on on my own, without even waiting for Terry to get home. Amazing. After that, I got nothing done, but that's okay - tomorrow is a better day, and I need to sleep on the story anyway since a random new character showed up (or is about to show up - she's standing in the doorway of the room where Nick and Ellie are) and I need to decide who she is, what she wants, what she looks like, and whether she's even necessary or whether my imagination is spitting out random secondary characters who should stay buried in my brain for another day. Goodnight!

No comments: