Tuesday, November 06, 2012

love can mend your life but love can break your heart

I was utterly useless today, which I think I needed - clearly I needed it, since I don't feel any of the usual crushing guilt over the fact that I got nothing done. Terry needed a ride to pick up her car from the mechanic this morning, so I got up at 7:30 to take her, and then stopped at Whole Foods on the way back (I have never been in that place at 8am - it was v. strange) to get some groceries so that I can sustain myself for the next couple of days. But when I got home, I promptly went back to bed, and I slept/dosed/daydreamed/messed around online until almost noon. Then I made breakfast/lunch, considered working, and instead did absolutely nothing.

But I did do one thing - I went out for a drink with Katrina and Chandlord, since they had left the wedding before the afterparty on Saturday and weren't able to make it to brunch yesterday since they needed to get back to the city. I was excited to see them, but I was even more excited that the bar had free hot dogs, and I ate two of them (sans bun, which meant I had to hold the hot dogs with a napkin). Yum. And I suppose my friends were good too. Then I came home, watched a bit of tv with Terry, tired of watching tv, and came upstairs to mess around some more and unpack my suitcase so that I can pack it for Dallas. And now, hopefully, the last brooding remnants of my hangover are gone and I can get a lot of stuff done tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: