Monday, December 17, 2012

ho hey

I must go to bed immediately because, due to an absurdly bad decision on my part, I must get up in less than four hours so that I can go to the airport and head for Iowa. The 'head for Iowa' decision was not the bad segment of that statement, but the fact that I booked at 5:30am flight was just sheer stupidity on my part.

Aggravating the stupidity was the choice Terry and I made to host a small holiday soiree tonight, so I'm drunk on life (and by life I mean eggnog) and really *really* not in the mood to take a flight tomorrow. But the party was worth it -- many of my favorite people came, including most of the usual suspects (Chandlord, Fred and Jamie, Adit and Priyanka, John and Jess, Katrina, Dan, Lauren and Nathan (aka Subz and Subz-ma'am-sir), Tom and Minnie, Julie, Rat (in a special guest appearance from Bangalore), etc.) And I made two soups, two types of cookie, a lemon cake, and a whole vat (aka a punch bowl, which is rarely seen in these parts) of homemade eggnog, which was to die for. Many jhokes were told and much merriment was made, including a dramatic reading of part of one of the sex scenes from my first book + some dramatically terrible color commentary on the Niners game (from those of us who know next to nothing about football, which either amused or infuriated those who cared about the game).

So now that I have reconnected with my friends for three hours after my marathon/sprint to finish Nick and Ellie, I must bid them all farewell, sleep for three hours, and go to Iowa. Goodnight!

No comments: