Saturday, December 29, 2012

how can we be lovers if we can't be friends alone in a white room

My head is still spinning with all things Nick and Ellie, and I am eager to get back to work on them - I know that I said I was done two weeks ago, but these things are never done, and I want to do another pass at the story before sending it to my editor in a couple of weeks.

But first, my day. [censored] and I went to Des Moines, discussing many tings along the way, including [censored]'s plot to [censored]. I dropped him off at [censored], and then I went to the mall, where I intended to buy all sorts of heavily-discounted after-Christmas clothes. However, it was mostly a bust; the mall was insanely busy, so the pickings were slim and I ended up walking away with a new pair of jeans (same as my old jeans, just a different wash) and a few basic tees/tanks. Boring, but useful, I suppose. When I walked out of the mall three-ish hours after arriving, I discovered that the car had an inch of snow on it, which meant I had to find my mother's snow brush (covered in two years' worth of dust from our gravel roads, since it's impossible to have a non-dusty trunk here and they had no appreciable snow last year). Getting home proved to be treacherous, so I had a crash course (sans crashing) in steering into the skid and coasting to a stop on ice. Yay.

But I made it home, ate the leftover remnants of supper, hung out with [censored], hung out upstairs, and eventually finished reading the story/screenwriting book I was reading yesterday. And then I wrote a couple of pages of notes of what I think I might want to do to Nick and Ellie; I need to read through the whole thing and see what I think, but these notes are a v. good start. Now, though, I should sleep; my time at home is rapidly drawing to a close, so I will likely have family events this weekend, which means I need my beauty sleep. Or maybe I don't need my beauty sleep, since my foundation was finally in stock at Sephora today after three months of being out of stock. Either way, I'm tired, and it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: