Sunday, December 16, 2012

i just haven't met you yet

The mad dash to do everything under the sun before I go back to Iowa continues. For the second weekend in a row I ran errands with Terry at nine a.m. -- I sincerely hope this is not a trend, but it was good to accomplish what we accomplished (grocery shopping at Safeway and Whole Foods). When we got home, I ate the sushi I'd bought at Whole Foods, made some lists, sat around lethargically, and eventually took a much-needed two-hour nap. Then, I spent the rest of the night slogging; Terry and I did some edits to the Christmas tree (I sawed off some branches and she added more lights and ornaments), and I took a break to watch an episode and a half or so of 'The Tudors' with her (so I will probably dream of gruesome Tudor-era executions, which may actually be an upgrade from the apocalyptic nightmares I've been having with surprising frequency).

And then, the cooking commenced. I made a lemon cake, a bunch of sugar cookies, and chocolate chip chewies (all gluten free). I didn't get the sugar cookies frosted, but I feel v. industrious, so I'll take it. I also [censored] with [censored] at some point, which was a nice break. And now, alas, I must go to bed -- while I have the list of things I need to pack for Iowa, I haven't started yet, and packing is just one of approximately five million things I must do tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: