Wednesday, December 05, 2012

nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky

I'm way too tired to blog, so I will attempt to keep this brief (how many times have you heard me say that?). Today was quite productive, if I do say so myself - I woke up after nine thanks to my reading binge last night, but I was out the door by 10:45, and I went to Stanford to work on zee romance novel. I had lunch first (more subpar than usual - new waitress was nice but inefficient, and the kitchen undersauteed the veggies in my scrambled eggs), and then I checked my mail in Palo Alto and talked to my mom, since I hadn't fully caught her up on my life when I talked to her on Sunday.

Stanford proved quite productive, despite my lackluster lunch; I edited three or four chapters and wrote 4-6 new pages of material, which I'm v pleased with. I would have kept going, but I had friendship renewal plans with Tolu, Joann, and Jane in Sunnyvale, so I had to reenter the world of real people and hang out with them. It was lovely to see them, since I'd missed the last couple of dinners, and we had fun catching up. Eventually, I got home (around eleven), reread what I was writing at the library (good stuff), and started falling asleep on my keyboard - so I think it's time for bed!

No comments: