Tuesday, December 18, 2012

o [censored], where art thou

First and foremost, happy birthday to two of the best ladies in my life - my mother, who is exactly thirty years older than my friend Vidya. YAY BIRTHDAYS!

Second and leastmost, I had a good day, mostly because I slept for eleven hours before it started. That meant I woke up sometime a little after noon, feeling more refreshed than I have in ages. I can't accomplish the same feat tonight, since I need to get up earlyish (9?) so that I can shower before going with my mom to stock up on groceries, have lunch with my sister, and finish Christmas shopping before a blizzard strikes tomorrow night. Yes, a blizzard. This is going to feel like the end times for me even if nothing bad happens - 6" of snow and 40-mph winds are apocalyptic when your only weather patterns are 65 degrees + sun and 60 degrees + fog. Boo. So in my precious few hours awake today, I went into town with my mother to buy stamps and a couple of other things, then planned the menu for this weekend with her so we can buy groceries tomorrow. We also went out for supper to celebrate her birthday - there's no better birthday celebration than one that involves ribeye. Then we came home, watched some fine CBS programming, and I sent some emails and talked to [censored] about [censored] before realizing I need to go to sleep.

And so, to sleep I shall go. By this time tomorrow night, all that frozen stuff will be falling from the skies, and great havoc shall be wrought upon the earth. Goodnight!

No comments: