Tuesday, December 11, 2012

there are many things that i would like to say to you but i don't know how

SO CLOSE TO DONE OMG. So close. I was at Stanford library from 1pm to 1am, but it closed at 1am (it's finals week), and I was half a scene away from the end, but I couldn't stomach the idea of moving to the twenty-four-hour study room to finish. So, I drove home, feeling strangely surreal and out of words -- my mind felt just a little empty, in an odd way, as though whatever voice produces my running monologue was totally out of words due to my writing binge.

So, obvi, I did nothing else today; I woke up lateish, ate something, showered, and was at the library by 1pm. I stayed there for twelve hours, with a break to get a burger at the Treehouse (it's like I'm a student all over again). And I think I produced forty new pages from the tattered, bleeding remnants of earlier drafts. That's the most I've ever done in a day, and utterly unsustainable -- I just hope I have enough left tomorrow to finish that scene, reread and proofread what I did tonight, and format it so that I can send it to my agent.

But now, I really must sleep; I have lunch plans tomorrow morning, and then it's back to the slog (although I may slog in the city, in hopes that I can be done by six or seven and eat something tastier than a Treehouse burger). Goodnight!

No comments: