Friday, December 21, 2012

we are spirits in the material world

Holiday preparations continue apace; I'm not precisely ready for Christmas, and much depends on the safe arrival of several packages on Monday, but today was v. productive regardless. After answering all my email last night, I slept the sleep of the just, but I was still up, dressed, and showered before noon, which is quite a feat for me when on vacation (and when I never switch from Pacific timezone to Central timezone). And then, I spent the afternoon preparing...I made two crustless quiches for Sunday brunch and a batch of chili for tomorrow, to go with the vegetable beef soup my mother made (and all the other stuff she made as well - I won't pretend I was more industrious than her, obvi). I also printed out a set of Cards Against Humanity, which is a game I saw at Heather and Salim's; they are sold out, but you can print the cards, so I did that even though it then took me almost two hours to slice and dice the cards with the paper cutter.

Luckily, I was able to cut cards after an enjoyable supper with the fam and while watching three episodes of 'The Good Wife' (on CBS, of course). Then I came downstairs, chatted with [censored], poured myself a small glass of Bailey's, and read a few chapters of a research book for the non-gargoyle young adult series. But the book started to put me to sleep (or perhaps it was the Bailey's), and I should go to bed anyway since we've got Wampler Family Christmas (tm) this weekend. Goodnight!

No comments: