Friday, January 18, 2013

how do i get you alone?

I'm back in the city of sin, contemplating going to sleep early so that I can get up early and start fresh on the day without considering how utterly useless tonight was. The wall I hit yesterday continued to be a wall today, but rather than just taking a break and watching a movie or something, I very foolishly pretended that I could overcome that wall by staring at my laptop some more. Ha.

But I got out of Carmel at a relatively decent hour, stopped in Palo Alto to check my mail and grab some lunch, and then got home around two-ish, successfully beating rush hour. I unloaded my car, ran the dishwasher, took care of myriad household tasks, answered some emails, etc., and decided to order in some Thai food so that I could eat and then get down to writing. But after I ate said Thai food, I accidentally took a nap, then had a bit of a panic attack over everything I have to get done this weekend, then tried on a bunch of clothes to figure out whether I need to add anything to my wardrobe (personal answer: of course I do; real answer: no).

I think I'm about to come out of my lethargy, though; I made a list of things to do tomorrow, which usually helps, and if I go to bed now, perhaps I can wake up in the morning in time to accomplish some of them before the inevitable hatred of the book sets in. Goodnight!

No comments: