Monday, January 21, 2013

now cinderella don't you go to sleep

I meant to go to bed two hours ago, but I got swept up in a graphic design task and am suddenly realizing that it's 1:30am and that I didn't type up the eighteen pages of material that I had meant to type tonight. Oops. Today was v. productive, though, even if I didn't get much writing done - instead, I concentrated on getting my life in order, which mostly seemed to involve cleaning out my closet, doing laundry, and generally organizing my room. I also talked to zee parents, sent some romance related emails, etc.

Terry had been away this weekend, but she got back just as I was considering going to find something to eat, so we grabbed burgers at Roam together. It was the busiest I've ever seen Roam, since we went right when the second football game finished, and everyone in my neighborhood was drunk or something and desperately craving meat. Sigh. But Terry gamed the system by calling in an order rather than waiting in line, and we took a walk while we waited for the food to be ready, so that all worked out. Then we came home, ate, and caught up before she started watching tv and I started obsessing over font choices.

The font choices in question are for the cover redesign for Nick and Ellie; I love the artwork the artist came up with, particularly because it fits what's currently hot in the genre, but she's not the best with fonts and I am super, super picky about that kind of stuff. She offered to give me $50 off the cover price if I just did the fonts myself rather than going back and forth with her, which I readily agreed to - and then I spent hours scouring sites for appropriate fonts, so the $50 probably would have been cheap by comparison. I think I'm getting close to something I'm happy with, but I need to take a break from it, solicit some feedback, and then fix it when I have fresh eyes.

Sadly, fresh eyes aren't going to happen unless I go to sleep - and given how much I want to accomplish tomorrow (read: everything I've ever wanted to do in my life), I should get some rest. Goodnight!

No comments: