Wednesday, March 27, 2013

you don't know you're beautiful

I'm so screwed. I mean, not really; it's not like I'm going to Ukraine for a year circa 1993, which would necessitate packing sea crates full of peanut butter and other necessitates in an effort to survive a post-Communist lack of any basic necessities. I'm going to Puerto Rico (part of the United States, despite my deceased grandmother's senility-fueled $5 donations to some shady group called 'Stop Puerto Rican Statehood') and then to Vegas, where I'm sure that I can buy anything and everything that I forget. However, my flight leaves in less than twenty-four hours, I haven't packed, and I have about twenty hours of work that it would be nice to get done before I leave...but I doubt that will happen.

Anyway, today was productive but hectic. I went to work, worked on the shuttle on the way there, and then slogged all day (do not pass go, do not collect two hundred dollars), with a brief but lovely break to sit in the sun and have lunch with Alaska Matt. I slogged until 4:30, caught a shuttle that took almost two hours to get home, and napped on the first half of it before working on the second half. Then I had fifteen minutes at home to fold my laundry and take care of tings before it was time for me and Terry to go over to Lauren's house for dinner.

We had a v. lovely time, even if things got real serious real quick when we started talking about life goals -- I mean, I can talk about life goals until the cows come home anyway, but I am even more apt to talk about goals when I'm fueled by a couple of glasses of wine. So, that was fun, even if I'm now fired up to go off the grid and write the Great American Novel (tm) instead of getting up for this 7:30am conference call I have tomorrow morning. Luckily I can take it from home, so I'm going to go to sleep, get up, call into my meetings, pack, drive to MTV for some meetings I need to attend in person, and then hope I make it home in time to catch a cab to the airport. YAY. Goodnight!

No comments: