Wednesday, April 03, 2013

hooray

Today was totally lovely! It shouldn't have been; I was exceedingly jetlagged this morning, which is a shame. Also, I left the party I was at before midnight, and without getting drunk, so clearly I'm getting old (or smart? surely not that?). But the rest of the day was great. I had breakfast, talked to my mom, switched hotels, and then had a v. leisurely lunch with some friends (with wine, since I no longer know what it's like to eat without drinking alcohol) in the same open-air plaza where [censored] and I [censored] a couple of years ago. Then I talked to my dad, took a nap, changed into a flowy skirt, and met up with some friends for drinks, then dinner, then a party. And I ran into scads of people I know from days of yore, and it was all super fun.

Sadly I can't share pictures or any other details; the laws of confidentiality and common sense bind me to a more circumspect blog post, which sucks since I'm not used to censoring myself. Instead, I will leave you with the blog post I wrote during the 2005 ski trip; I'm infinitely more sober than I was that night, but the memories are just as fond (and also way clearer). Check it out here; goodnight!

No comments: