Wednesday, April 10, 2013

it's such a cold cold town

I'm once again going to go to bed at ten p.m. There are many times when I wish that I had the body clock of a normal human rather than a semi-nocturnal creature, and those times come with more frequency when I have a day job that requires some attempt at living on a normal human schedule. Granted, today I ignored that mandate; yes, I got up at 7:30, but I worked from home until eleven, which was a v. nice reprieve from the office. Then I drove down to Mountain View and slogged until 6:45, at which point I felt headachy and vaguely ill. So I grabbed dinner at work, took the shuttle home, and promptly felt even more ill because traffic was bad and the shuttle driver was worse, which made me carsick for the first time in a few weeks. Boo.

However, it's not all bad; work was good, and even though I was really tired when I got home, I forced myself to write for an hour. No new words were produced, but I came up with a possible new series idea that I'm v. intrigued by, so that's good news. Or bad news, if you just want me to be writing Prudence's story. But I've got other plans and dreams beyond Prudence, even though I intend to write her this year...but that's a story for another time. Goodnight!

No comments: