Monday, April 08, 2013

these boots are gonna walk all over you

I didn't want to stare at a screen tonight. I wanted to play in my notebook...but sadly, I had to write another guest blog post, which is a task I really despise. Since I didn't get home until seven, the post wasn't done until nine - and then I spent the last hour unwinding by watching 'The Voice' rather than writing. Le sigh.

However, all is not lost; I did do a teensy bit of brainstorming on the shuttle on the way home. The rest of my day was fine as well - I spent it catching up on work stuff, and I also had lunch with Cari, one of my old coworkers who is also pursuing some writing ventures on the side.

Sorry this post is so boring. Maybe that's why I'm feeling so desperate to start writing again - clearly I am not expending any effort at all to make this either creative or engaging. Blergh. I think I'm struggling with whether to stay focused on Prudence and Alex or brainstorm and write something else while the idea for them is still percolating...and since I'm not a fast writer, and I now have a job again, figuring out how to prioritize my writing time becomes even more crucial.

But these questions can all wait for another day - I have to get up relatively early tomorrow, and I want to get some writing in at some point (difficult), so sleep is imperative. Goodnight!

No comments: