Friday, May 24, 2013

baby i love the way

It is possible that I had one too many cocktails tonight. I will refrain from saying it's probable, since I prefer to disclaim all responsibility - but you can read into this what you will. The day started off perfectly normally - better than normal, actually, since I was going into the SF office and so was able to get up at 7:45 instead of 6:20. Yay. I got into the office at nine, had breakfast, and then did four hours of meetings, with a lovely lunch with Katrina in between to break everything up. Then, I sat out on one of the balconies and enjoyed the view of the Bay Bridge before joining a fellow Mountain View transplant for some wine in his temporary office. Yes, this is the life.

After work, I came home, did a quick load of laundry, and met up with Jenni at a wine bar in the marina. This is where my troubles began. We had a glass of wine while catching up, then met up with our friend Nick (also an India expat) to have a couple of cocktails at a bar across the street. We reminisced quite wonderfully while I imbibed Twilight Hemingways (Hemingway daiquiris with dark rum instead of white rum), and then Nick's girlfriend arrived from NYC. So we proceeded to dinner at a Chinese restaurant (Dragon Well), which was v. tasty even if it's quite likely that I cheated an had some gluten. Oops.

sssanyway, all of that was great, and I'm glad we hung out together. And now I must sleep; I'm going to NYC tomorrow night, which means I need to get some sleep before running errands and packing and doing other various shenanigans. Goodnight!

No comments: