Monday, May 20, 2013

breaking my back just to know your name

I was hermity again today, but it was all quite productive, so I'll take it. I was out of bed by nine, shockingly, and I showered and made myself breakfast and everything in an attempt to be an adult. Then, I tried to go to the Asian Art Museum to see an exhibit of China's terracotta warriors; I've been meaning to go for weeks, and then suddenly realized that the exhibit ends while I'm in NYC next week, so I thought I should try to see it today. But when I got there I discovered a massive line out the door, so I promptly turned around and came home. So much for my attempt to get some culture.

But when I got here, I didn't mope. Instead, I grabbed my notebook and walked over to the Ghirardelli Square area, where I spent a couple of hours in a cafe overlooking the water. And I think I got some of the second half of the book nailed down - I'm feeling pretty good about it, actually. So good that I started writing when I got home (or rather, while I got a pedicure - but I took my laptop to my pedicure, so it's almost like it was work). Granted, I only wrote a page, but it was a promising first page, and I'm excited about this book in a way that I hope bodes well for its future (if not for my sanity).

After the pedicure, I talked to my parents, who were in fine form. I also wished my Uncle Mark a happy birthday, although it sounds like they had tornadoes in his area a couple of hours after I talked to him, so hopefully everything is okay. Then, I spent the evening procrastinating; I took care of a couple of vital marketing-related activities, and I also answered a few of the many long-simmering emails in my multiple inboxes. But I must also confessed that I watched a lot of clips from old SNL episodes on Hulu - apparently I needed a break or something. But now, I really need to sleep; I have to take my car down to work tomorrow to get it smog tested, and since I have a 9am meeting that I scheduled (stupid), I should probably be on time, which means I need to leave here early. Ugh. Goodnight!

No comments: