Monday, May 20, 2013

but i hear those voices at night sometimes...they justify my claim

Today was way too long and way too unproductive (at the day job, at least) - it took me an hour and a half to get to work for a meeting that was promptly canceled, which made me surly. But I successfully took my car to get smog tested (which it passed) so that I could pay my registration, and the hours that I did slog were v. useful hours. Then I came home, wrote for half an hour (shocking, I know, but I actually wrote a page and a half, which is more than I had yesterday), and got ready to go out again. I had a v. romantic dinner date with Lauren (aka Subz), whom I hadn't seen in at least a month, so we had a lot to catch up on. After two margaritas I could have kept going all night, but sadly I have this day job that requires my presence tomorrow. And it requires it super early as well - I have a 7:30am meeting, which I'm luckily going to dial into from home so that I don't want to stab myself in the face. Or perhaps I'll want to stab myself in the face anyway, but it won't be from getting up at 5:30.

And on that note, it's time for bed! Goodnight!

No comments: