Sunday, May 19, 2013

i remember all the feelings and the day they stopped

Per my hopes and dreams for myself, I was a total hermit today. I slept in, messed around, and eventually made myself a delicious homestyle breakfast (fried eggs + a shitload of bacon). Then, I spent the bulk of the afternoon sorting through the massive piles of paper in my room to put away all my notes and notebooks on Ellie and Nick so that I could clear the psychic space necessary to focus on Prudence and Alex. It took a few hours, but my bookshelves aren't stacked with papers lying across all the book spines for the first time in months, and my desk no longer has piles of notes to myself about the different stories I'm playing with. Granted, this state will deteriorate almost immediately, but it's a very pleasing thing for an OCD hermit like me.

After that, I made myself supper (cheeseburgers + some v. awesome potatoes, if I do say so myself; yes, the skillet is the most important piece of cookware in my repertoire), poured a glass of wine, and brainstormed another several pages of Prudence and Alex. I was thinking about them all day in the back of my mind as I organized my notes, and I'm feeling really, really good about the first half of the story. The second half...not so much. I need to spend some more time on it to see whether the issue is something in the first half (since I don't want to write the first half and then scrap it like I always do) or whether it's something that I need to do some more research for. But I think it's going to be good - and, the cool thing is that my most recent idea for Alex leads seamlessly into a new series featuring some dudes at his secret archaeology club (about whom I know nothing, but it sounds like it could be sexy?).

Oh, and I also took a nap, and I made a playlist for Prudence and Alex. Both very vital tasks, right? And now I'm going to read back through my notes, see if anything else strikes me, and then head for bed. Goodnight!

No comments: