Wednesday, May 15, 2013

right from the start you were a thief, you stole my heart

I have nothing to stay tonight; today was v. long, since I had meetings almost straight through from nine to five. It would have been totally straight through, but luckily someone canceled on me, so I had forty-five-ish minutes to do some actual work. Yay. But my meetings were generally good, and I had lunch with John to belatedly (and cheaply, since it was free) celebrate his birthday, so that was fun. I also got my quarterly performance evaluation from my manager (if he's not the big boss, should I call him the little boss? that seems wrong); given that it only covered two months there wasn't much to say, but I'm apparently not going to get fired anytime soon. Remind me to be glad of that when I'm struggling with Prudence and Alex this weekend.

Speaking of...I'm struggling with Prudence and Alex. Ugh. I left work at 5:30, checked my mailbox in Palo Alto, and spent an hour writing at a coffee shop before heading back to the evil city. And I'm loathe to really get started writing them for reasons that I can't figure out, but as I keep having to remember, whenever I hit a patch of writer's block, it's because there's something wrong with the story. Tonight I was worried that what's wrong with the story is that I no longer want Prudence to end up with Alex, but I'm already publicly committed to that pairing. But maybe my imagination is just being stubborn; I *do* want them to be together, I'm just having trouble figuring them out. Hopefully all of this will come together sooner rather than later.

I got home around eight, ate some leftover fajitas (yum), and talked to Terry for awhile. Then, I took care of a few pressing alter-ego things, and suddenly it's 11pm and I need to sleep if I have any hope of being worth something tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: