Saturday, May 11, 2013

sister christian, oh your time has come

Today was lovely, surprisingly enough. I say 'surprisingly enough' because I had an 8:30 meeting on a Friday, which should be illegal (for clarification, that's a.m., not p.m.). So I got up at 6:20, made a half-assed attempt at grooming, and hied myself off to the shuttle. But, I actually wrote on the shuttle (Prudence), and I wrote four fast-draft pages, which I will totally take. And I figured out a couple of key little bits of the plot, which is even better. Maybe I'll just continue this trend of working on whatever strikes my fancy, although I need to have a first draft of Prudence by August if I have hope of getting it out in a reasonable fashion...

...but that is a pressure and a terror I can deal with later. Work was v. hectic, since I had a lot of meetings, but I made it out by 3:45 so that I could bear the traffic on the way back to the evil city. I had to drive, since I left my car down there last night, and I made it back in time to take a ten-minute nap before going to get a massage. I've decided that massages count as physical therapy for me, since my back and neck are such a mess that I need to invest in them, so I had no shame about leaving work early to make it back in time for my appointment. The woman worked her usual magic, and I left with the utterly oxygenated high I got last time, since she encourages me to breathe deeply throughout in a way that I don't do in real life. If you had told me when I was growing up in Iowa that I would someday pay a stranger to manipulate my naked body, I wouldn't have believed you...or, I would have believed you, but I wouldn't have assumed you meant massage. See what I did there?

sssanyway, I came home, ordered Thai food, and watched an episode of 'The Voice' with Terry. Then, I debated writing, but my mind was too blank, so I read a romance novel instead (WHAT HAPPENS IN SCOTLAND, which is an early-Victorian retelling of 'The Hangover', and was pretty funny despite being somewhat anachronistic). And now, I should sleep; I'm still operating on a sleep deficit, and I have some v. ridiculous plans tomorrow that you're going to want to read about tomorrow night (if I survive them and am not killed by the film crew coming to my apartment...how's that for a teaser?). Goodnight!

No comments: