Thursday, May 30, 2013

that was a turning point, that was one lonely night

The conference was v. conferencey today. And by that I mean I didn't want to get out of bed, was later arriving than I planned (which didn't have any consequence other than that I didn't get breakfast), and by the end of it I was burned out and exhausted from talking to people. The people I talked to were all v. good, so that was nice, but I'm just not enough of a people person to enjoy talking to strangers all day. Well, that's not true. I enjoy talking to strangers, but these strangers were all competent and lovely and didn't give me any good story ideas, and thus they are useless to me.

After the conference, I spent half an hour on the phone dealing with a work issue, and then I came back to the hotel and took a fifteen minute nap. Then, I went out to two dinners, which you can imagine was not what my hermit side wanted to do. The first was with my coworkers to a delicious Brazilian restaurant; the food was excellent, and it was super fun to hang out outside of work. The second was something I would have skipped, but I missed all the emails in which I was included in the reservation, and when I was going to cancel, I realized that the restaurant was only four blocks from the first one, so I really had no excuse not to go. So I dashed from the first dinner to the second, where I had a margarita and some chips with Terry, Annie, and Terry's NYC friends. Thus completely stuffed, I abandoned them to their plans to go out for another drink, and I came back to the hotel with the intention of being in bed by eleven. Sadly, I went back to my workaholic roots instead, and I spent the last hour catching up on vital work stuff. But if I go to bed *right now* I can get eight or eight and a half hours of sleep, which would do wonders for my day tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: