Wednesday, May 22, 2013

the weight of love

I'm sorry my blog has been even more boring than usual of late. The problem is that I can't really blog about what I do at work, which means I have very little to say during the week. And on the weekends where I'm trying to write, there's not much that I can say about my writing process that doesn't make me feel like a whiny bitch.

Today was no different. I slogged all day, which is supremely uninteresting, although it was made slightly more interesting by trying to stay motivated through my intense headache. I think I'm not cut out for the shuttle; I always have a headache on the days I take the shuttle, which is not a good experience. This morning's ride was actually surprisingly smooth (probably because I reverse-jinxed it by spending half the ride looking up Palo Alto apartments on Craigslist), but I still felt ill most of the day. I had meant to take the shuttle home tonight, but on a whim I decided to drive home instead since my car was at the office. I stopped at a coffeeshop for a bit on the way and wrote a page of Alex and Prudence...no, not a million pages, but I'll take it. Then I came home, stopped on the way to buy a steak and a potato so that I could cook myself something to eat, and promptly proceeded to make and eat dinner. Yes, my Iowa roots are showing.

And now, even though I have way too much to do, I'm going to indulge my headache and stop staring at a screen - goodnight!

No comments: