Saturday, May 18, 2013

we're not broken, just bent

Today was great, albeit uninteresting for you - I made it into work in time to grab breakfast, and then I slogged without much break for six hours, which helped me to get through a lot of stuff on my to-do list. Then, I took a break with my team to drink caipirinhas, since a couple of women on the team are Brazilian and decided to bring in Brazilian treats for a Friday afternoon happy hour. By the time that was over, I was in no state to do anything worth getting paid for, so I cut out at five to have dinner with Heather (aka dear respected madam).

We had a lot to catch up on, since I hadn't seen her since before I went to Kansas City, and she had spent most of that time with relatives in town. Needless to say, we talked for quite some time. We were going to go to Fiesta, but it was oddly closed, so we went to another Mexican place instead. But while all of the experience was great, the best part was that I had a major breakthrough on the plot for Alex and Prudence because of her...as we were discussing it, it suddenly became clear what needs to happen to pull together everything I've been thinking about, and I suddenly feel unblocked. YAY.

So, I'm glad that I have no plans this weekend beyond holing up and writing - much productivity needs to happen this weekend if I want to feel good about life. But now, I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: