Tuesday, June 11, 2013

all your love is just a dream

I'm exhausted and bitter, but simultaneously overjoyed and excited. Yes, I'm a seething mass of contradictions. Sorry for not blogging for the past two days; I was at a writing retreat where I not only didn't have email access, but I also didn't have phone access. So, blogging had to go on hiatus. But those lost words weren't wasted - I wrote almost sixty pages while I was gone, and I now have the full plot/structure/bones of Prudence and Alex's story. I was also deeply, deeply inspired by the three writers I was hanging out with, so that was totally wonderful...

...but then I had to drive three hours this morning to get back from the retreat and make it into the office at a reasonable time, and just about everything that could go wrong during my day did (including spilling barbecue all over my favorite shirt; luckily I had another shirt in the car, but I hope the stains come out of this one). And since I was feeling so inspired by my writing and so blah about my day job, it was v. tempting to walk out and never go back. But I suppose I'll go back tomorrow...which means I need to get some sleep to fortify myself for the slog ahead. And luckily I decompressed a bit with a friendship renewal dinner + catching up with Terry, so it's not all bad. Tomorrow will be better - and if it's not, I'll come up with a new plan. Goodnight!

No comments: