Friday, June 07, 2013

don't you know your kingdom's under siege

I'm thoroughly wrecked. It has been a long, long week, particularly since I was gone all of last week and then spent this week trying to recover from the plague (with mixed to poor results). I thought I felt better this morning, but that was when I sat around and did absolutely nothing; talking or working or doing much of anything else makes me feel like total crap. So much so that I can't really contemplate doing any of the myriad social activities on my calendar for this weekend - I really just want to crawl into a hole and not come out. Bleh.

But it's not all bad; I got some work done today, and I did it from home, so at least I got to sleep in a bit and not have to fight traffic. However, I had to take a break in the late afternoon to go get my bangs trimmed, which had become v. necessary since I could barely see through them. Then, I came home and made mojitos for me and Vivi (and plied her, and later Terry, with most of them, since I quickly realized I shouldn't be drinking given my incessant coughing). We talked for quite some time, and then when Terry came home we decided to order pizza rather than going out. So we sat around, ate pizza, and watched 'So You Think You Can Dance'. Yes, we're lame. But that's okay; I didn't have the energy to go out anyway.

And on that incredibly dismal note, I shall apologize to you for being so negative, and I shall go to bed in an attempt to get not-negative (aka positive). Goodnight!

No comments: