Saturday, June 15, 2013

i got this feeling on a summer day when you were gone

Hello, weekend! I'm v. excited; this is the first weekend in a v. long time (four weeks?) that I don't have substantial plans that require me to be out of town. Also, looking at calendar, this is only the fourth weekend in the last twelve where I wasn't traveling or doing something major in SF that required one of both full days of the weekend.

Needless to say, I'm stoked about turning into a hermit and writing my little heart out. Maybe I'll change my mind on Sunday and socialize, but Saturday is for writing twenty or thirty pages of Prudence and Alex. Sadly, Saturday is also for recovering from whatever wine hangover I have; I just got back from dinner at Lauren and Nathan's, where I had more wine than was strictly advisable. C'est la vie, right? (or c'est Adit's vie, if that is at all understandable grammatically).

My day was mostly fine; I am having nightmares with too much regularity, which leads me to believe that I'm stressing about the day job and shouldn't be. Or maybe I'm stressing about the fact that the day job stresses me out. How meta of me. The day job was mostly fine today, though, particularly since I had a lovely (if unbearably hot - so hot that my silverware almost burned me when I picked them up after they'd sat in the sun for half an hour) lunch with Alaska Matt. I left at 3:30, spent an hour and forty minutes fighting traffic (I was surprisingly zen about it, since I wasn't running late and would rather sit at a standstill while driving than get car sick while sitting on a stop-and-go bus), and then got a much needed massage (because I'm a delicate flower who must pay people to make my body behave). After the massage, I put on some lipstick, gave up on fixing my hair, and went with Terry to Lauren and Nathan's for dinner. That was totally lovely, even if we're all concerned about 'kids these days' and the upcoming technology-driven apocalypse. Yay conspiracy theories.

And now, I must sleep; Prudence and Alex aren't going to write themselves (until I become a cyborg with a brain chip (tm), in which case they might). Goodnight!

No comments: