Wednesday, June 26, 2013

i'm still a rockstar

I don't particularly feel like a rockstar; I'm drowning in email, to the point that I may have to go nuclear and just delete everything that I haven't responded to since most of it is already embarrassingly old anyway. And by 'drowning in email' I mean every inbox related to every persona and job that I have - this is the downside of living a double/triple life. The other downside is that I can work all the time forever and not be caught up on anything...but I suppose it's better than being dead. Or filibustering for eleven hours and then being denied on a stupid point of order that makes a mockery of our legislative system. But I digress.

Today was fine; it was raining again, so I worked from home, which meant that I had meetings all morning, then snuck out of the apartment for lunch, where I wrote for forty-five minutes while eating restorative beef. Then I came home, ordered groceries online because I'm a spoiled tech princess, worked all afternoon, had my 1:1 with my boss (the little boss, I suppose?), and then made chili for supper (welcome to summer in San Francisco!) while doing some Sara Ramsey stuff. Then I spent the evening procrastinating, reading twitter, and prepping giveaway mailings before doing some more stuff for the day job. I know, you're so jealous. And now I need to go to bed so I can do it all again tomorrow -- goodnight!

No comments: